||CRITFC, Nez Perce, Warm Springs, Umatilla, Yakama,
||Idaho-Nez Perce Tribe Dworshak Summer Operations
|1. SOR request
Implement the following operational guidelines (Figures 1 and 2). If
river conditions degrade dramatically or flow varies significantly from
the predicted model simulations during the period of the specified
operation (1-7), in season management options will be discussed. We
request that data being collected by the Corps monitoring program
outlined by RPA measure #143 be made available for the weekly TMT
meetings or discuss an alternative reporting schedule.
- Hold outflows to 13,500 -14,000 cfs (TDG cap) through July 20th,
- Ramp flows to 12,000 cfs by morning July 21st, 2003, and hold
through August 3rd, 2003.
- Ramp flows to 11,000 cfs by morning August 4th, 2003, and hold
through August 10th, 2003.
- Ramp flows to 10,000 cfs by morning August 11th, 2003, & hold
through August 24th, 2003.
- Ramp flows to 8,000 cfs by morning August 25th, 2003, and hold
through August 31st, 2003.
- Draft limit of 1535 ft by August 31st is needed to ensure a 200 KaF
carryover into September.
- From September 1st through 14th, 2003, release flows of 8,400
- By September 15th, 2003, reduce flows to minimum 1,400 cfs as
elevation 1520 ft is reached.
The Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission, the Nez Perce Tribe,
the Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation, the
Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Reservation, the Yakama Nation, and
the State of Idaho.
|3. TMT recommendation
As the 2 SOR's 2003-C4 and 2003- 11 were basically identical for the
first two weeks it was agreed to release 14 kcfs for the first two weeks
and then decide how to continue. On July 17 TMT agreed to operate
Dworshak at 14 kcfs for one more week and check in during a TMT
conference call next Wednesday, July 23. On July 23 TMT decided to
maintain the current Dworshak operation until 6 p.m. tomorrow, July 24,
at which point we will reduce Dworshak outflow to 12 Kcfs. We will
maintain that rate of discharge at least until next week's TMT meeting.
We also understand that we're starting down a path that will end with an
August 31 elevation of 1535 feet at Dworshak. At the July 30 TMT it was
agreed to target 1535 ft at Dworshak at the end of August. Flows were
adjusted to meet the August 31 target. (Note all parties did not agree
to the operation but issue was not raised to TMT.)
|4. AA decision
|5. IT recommendation
|6. AA decision (after IT)
|7. Actual Operation
Dworshak outflows reached 13.5 Kcfs July 8th. Outflows were kept in the
13 - 14 Kcfs range until July 24 when outflows were reduced to the 12
kcfs range. Flows were occasionally below stated values when it was
reduced to move selector gates. Outflows were reduced to 10 kcfs (no
spill August 5th. On August 20th the daily outflow was reduced to 7 kcfs
with load shaping of 5.7 kcfs during nighttime and 8 kcfs during the
|8. If different from AA decision, why?